wayfarer in the kitchen

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chicken with 40 cloves garlic - crock pot recipe

(sorry no picture - camera was broken at the time)

Not very pretty but very tasty and very tender... I've learned to love the crock pot. LD gives me very little time so it's working wonders in the kitchen. I'll get the crock pot going when he goes down for a nap and it frees me up for the day, plus there's the benefit of the house smelling yummy and I'm not doing anything. :-)

Recipe:

2 teaspoons thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teapoon kosher salt
1 whole roasting chicken or a chicken cut up (recipe called for whole one but i used a cup up one)
40 whole, peeled garlic cloves
2 tablespoons white grape juice or apple juice

*** Original recipe called for white wine. I also a splash of white grape juice and apple juice instead. I changed many things about the recipe so i'm posting as my own. And don't let the garlic scare you. After it cooks this long, it no longer tastes like garlic, it's sweet.

Add first four items and mix. Put chicken in and roll around in the oil mixture. Add the garlic cloves trying to get them below the chicken. Cover and cook until done. My crock pot is a cheapo one and has only one setting so can't tell you what it is. Just cook it until it's done. Meat will fall off the bone and garlic will smell and taste sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker