wayfarer in the kitchen

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Chicken Tikka


Chicken Tikka
Originally uploaded by wayfarer.
1 lb chicken (i just do legs and thighs - on the bone makes it more succulent)
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup yoghurt
1 tablespoon chopped coriander/cilantro
1 tablespoon veggie oil or butter or non stick spray

Mix together everything except for the oil/butter. Marinate chicken all day or at least for two hours but the longer the better.

Baste with the oil/butter before putting on the grill. Either grill it or broil it until it reaches 170 degrees on the meat thermometer.

Garnish with a bed of salad, onion, lime wedges, coriander/cilantro or whatever you want.

Tip: If you want to make this in advance, when you bring home the chicken from the store, put marinade together and bag it with the chicken before freezing. As the chicken thaws it marinates. I haven’t tried this myself but I hear it works well.

8 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

wow this looks so yummy!!! I will have to try it!!!:)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of chili powder?

9:39 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

Just plain chili powder - i just use what i have on hand.

11:16 AM  
Blogger musicalchef said...

Mmm, my favorite! Thanks for the recipe.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kay Vee said...

hey u hav a really nice blog here!
u completely love cooking, dont you?
sadly most of the recipes listed here are non-vegetarian and im a pakka veggie...otherwise i wud definitely hav tried out ur recipes!!
keep the good work going!!
tc!

2:50 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

I've been meaning to be more veggie friendly...i wanna be a part time vegetarian.

But yeah, i love to cook...i think i missed my calling. :-)

11:59 AM  
Blogger camilla said...

salaam sis...i am so motivated by ur blog...I tried out the Okra receipe and I love it. It tasted really good according to my hubby and bro in-law. Adding the yoghurt really made a difference. The next one in my list will be the Chicken Tikka. :D

6:45 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

I'm glad you liked it!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker